The 6ix from yesterday…
- Ok, rumour has it that Google (Alphabet, that is) was willing to shell out $30 billion to acquire Snapchat before they IPO-ed (and even after), but trust Egbon Speigel. — Link.
- Since we’re already talking about Snap, you should know that Facebook has started testing out ‘Stories’ on desktop — that is, of course, if you haven’t seen one already. — Link.
- Based off of the Q2 ’17 reports released over the past week, Xiaomi is the biggest player in the Wearable space at the moment. (Beating both Apple and Fitbit). — Link.
- Come, have a look. This is probably how those “50,000 mAh” power banks that last 2
daysminutes are made. (Hint: you can make one too) — Link.
- Use an Android device? You should be rejoicing. Develop for Android devices? Be on your toes. — Link.
- Everything (well, not entirely) you need to know about why the new generation of devices are getting extremely hard (and expensive) to fix (or upgrade). — Link.
Finally, not that this one directly concerns you, but there’s this story I’ve been following up on closely. It involves hacking, the FBI, and of course, Malware. Here. (P.S. If you were not aware of WannaCry prior to now, you’d be lost, totally.).
Now, some humor …