Interesting links from yesterday …
- Even without shipping (hence, selling) a single product (yet), Essential (a new phone company from the founder of Android) is now valued at over a billion dollars. Just so you know, there’s only one tech ‘start-up’ valued at over a B in the whole of Africa, and it took them over 4 years to be one. Essential did it in less than 4 months and they haven’t even shipped a single device! — Link.
- A Samsung Galaxy S5 fell from a plane and didn’t go off. — Link.
- I don’t know if these still exist, but NCC is issuing out a warning (threat maybe) to Telcos in Nigeria to scrap pre-registered SIMs or face punishment. Remember the MTN case? — Link.
- Even a former Microsoft executive believes Microsoft’s voice assistant (Cortana) pales in comparison to Amazon’s (Alexa). — Link.
- Despite having over half a million installs, Opera has discontinued the Opera Max app. — Link.
- The car brand from back to the future is looking forward to launching a car for the future: A flying Delorean. — Link.