Have a look at these:
- A triple rear camera setup,
- a massive 25-megapixel front-facing camera,
- 6.4-inch super AMOLED display,
- a minimum of 4 gigabytes of RAM,
- running the latest Android flavor, and
- a selling price of less than 100k.
Good deal, don’t you think?
Especially coming from a well-known brand such as Samsung. Before making any life-altering decisions though, let’s quickly run down what exactly you’d be getting for the Samsung Galaxy A50’s 93k-ish starting price.
Before that, however, whet your appetite with the highlights once again:
- Network: 2G / 3G / 4G
- Display: 6.4 inches, Super AMOLED display — (1080 x 2340 pixels)
- Software: Android v9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: Octa-core CPU (4 x 2.3GHz & 4 x 1.7GHz) (Samsung Exynos 9610)
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAM | 64GB / 128GB ROM
- Cameras: Front — 25 MP (f/2.0, HDR, 1080p video @ 30fps) | Rear — Triple Setup: 25 MP (f/1.7, PDAF), 8 MP (f/2.2, ultrawide, FF), 5 MP (f/2.2, depth sensor) w/ LED flash, HDR & 1080p video @ 30fps, EIS
- Battery: 4000 mAh
Software, Design, Display
Right off the bat, let’s talk about the A50’s software.
The new Samsung Galaxy A50 – which is a dual SIM LTE enabled device – ships right out the box rocking the latest public Android flavor available – Android Pie (version 9.0) – albeit skinned with Samsung’s new custom user interface (the same one found on the S10): One UI.
The device itself is mostly plastic (or glossy polycarbonate or whatever their marketing team is calling it this time) but the star of this device’s build and the overall aesthetic is its massive 6.4-inch, almost all screen super AMOLED display.
This 6.4-inch display is a 1080 by 2340 pixel panel which has a resulting pixel density of about 402 pixels per inch and is covered with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3.
Performance, Hardware, Cameras
On the performance front, the Samsung Galaxy A50 sports the Octa-core Samsung Exynos 9610 (comparable to the Snapdragon 675) which brings the Mali-G72 Mp3 and LPDDR4x Memory to the table.
Speaking of memory, the device is available in multiple memory configurations the most common being:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM,
- 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM,
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM
Regardless of which memory configuration you end up going for, the internal memory can be expanded further by means of a microSD card (supported capacities up to 512GB).
Moving on, let’s talk about the cameras.
The Samsung Galaxy A50 has a total of four(!) camera lenses – three on the rear and one in front.
The rear triple camera setup comprises in no specific order:
- a primary 25-megapixel f/1.7 lens which has phase detection autofocus,
- an 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultrawide lens (123 degrees) with fast focus, and
- a 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth sensing lens, you know for bokeh and stuff.
This setup is accompanied by an LED flash (obviously), has electronic image stabilization and normally shoots 1080p videos at a frame rate of 30 frames per second.
The front-facing shooter, on the other hand, is a single 25-megapixel lens having an aperture width of f/2.0 and also shipping with 1080p @ 30fps video shooting ability.
- The fingerprint reader on the Samsung A50 is under the display like on the higher end S10s
- The device has a non-removable 4000 mAh Lithium Polymer battery with fast charge support
- The display is (can be) Always-On
- Face unlock also ships with the device by default
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Nigeria
|4GB + 128GB||From ₦90,000|
|Offline Stores||From ₦100,000|
Samsung Galaxy A50 Full Device Specifications
Here are the full essential details about the device…
Network and Software
|Operating System||Android v9.0 (Pie)|
Design and Display
|Dimensions||158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7mm|
|Colors||Black, Blue, Coral, White|
|Display Size||6.4 inches|
|Display Type||Super AMOLED display|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels|
|Display Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
Performance and Hardware
|Processor Name||Samsung Exynos 9610|
|Processor Type||Octa-core CPU (4 x 2.3GHz & 4 x 1.7GHz)|
|RAM||4GB / 6GB|
|Internal Memory||64GB / 128GB|
|SD Card Support||Yes (up to 512GB)|
|Front Camera||25 MP (f/2.0, HDR, 1080p video @ 30fps)|
|Rear Camera||Triple Setup: 25 MP (f/1.7, PDAF), 8 MP (f/2.2, ultrawide, FF), 5 MP (f/2.2, depth sensor) w/ LED flash, HDR & 1080p video @ 30fps, EIS|
|Battery Capacity||4000 mAh|
Connectivity and Multimedia
|WiFi||Yes (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)|
|Fingerprint Reader||Yes (under the display)|
|Extras||Always On Display, Face unlock|